Would you like to find lower-priced Ford Five Hundred insurance in Louisville? Being forced to pay for high-priced insurance premiums can consume your bank account and maybe even restrict other spending. Performing a price comparison is a fast and free way to lower your monthly bill.
A recent insurance study discovered that a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many drivers in the United States could save about 47% every year, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they bought a different policy.
How to find more affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance in Louisville
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount Ford Five Hundred insurance in Louisville is to start comparing prices regularly from providers that insure vehicles in Kentucky.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about individual coverages and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more information to prevent high prices and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Consumers have many auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, having more insurers makes it harder to get the best deal for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Louisville.
Most larger insurance companies give coverage price quotes on their websites. Obtaining pricing for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Louisville is easy for anyone as you just type in your coverage preferences on the page. After you complete the form, the system orders your credit score and driving record and generates a price determined by many factors. The ability to get online rates for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Louisville makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the cheapest possible prices on auto insurance.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter the coverage information as shown on your current policy. This way, you will receive a price comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Louisville, KY. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Louisville, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Discounts for affordable car insurance rates
Car insurance companies do not advertise every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Louisville car insurance online. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are just wasting money.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having multiple cars or trucks with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on the web.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, air bag, anti-theft, and bundle.
- American Family offers discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, early bird, Steer into Savings, air bags, and accident-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and homeowner.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including save driver, good student, multi-car, payment discounts, student away at school, and early quote.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for multi-car, business and professional, youthful driver, good student, and pay in full.
- USAA offers discounts including family discount, military installation, defensive driver, new vehicle, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new move discount, newly retired, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, and teen driver discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered everywhere. To see a list of car insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Kentucky, follow this link.
Insurance agencies can help
Some people still like to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Good agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is still important in Louisville.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Louisville that can give you free Louisville car insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it is important to understand the differences since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Listed below are independent agents in Louisville that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Louisville who can help you get comparison quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Where are claims handled?
The Ford Five Hundred Insurance Premium Equation
Lots of factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but some are more transparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Big city or small town – Residing in areas with lower population can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Compare rates if you combine your policies – Most larger insurance companies allow discounts to people that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a good possibility that you can save even more by buying from different companies
- Proper usage rating affects prices – Driving a lot of miles every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An incorrectly rated Five Hundred can cost quite a bit. Verify your vehicle rating is showing the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Extra coverages you don’t use – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Coverages like roadside assistance, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Louisville, insurance is required for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
One last note
Affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance in Louisville is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to shop Louisville car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Louisville. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Louisville car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Louisville
To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Louisville is to compare prices regularly from providers in Kentucky.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if you can save on Five Hundred insurance in Louisville. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important part of this process is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Louisville Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)