Are you researching lower-priced GMC Sonoma insurance in Louisville? No one looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially when they are aware that their premiums are through the roof.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who shop around once a year will presumably buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey found that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved an average of $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance in Louisville is why you’re reading this, then knowing how to shop and compare coverages can help make the process easier and more efficient. Multiple insurers compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to find the lowest price on GMC Sonoma insurance in Louisville.
Many insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get coverage price quotes from their websites. Getting GMC Sonoma insurance prices online is quite easy because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. After you submit the form their rating system will obtain your credit score and driving record and provides a quote based on these factors. Quoting online for GMC Sonoma insurance in Louisville makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find a better rate.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Kentucky. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Louisville, KY, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Car insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below details some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to track their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
To view insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Kentucky, click here.
Local insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to participating agents in Louisville who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You don’t have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Does their agency support local causes in Louisville?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Louisville for you
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Louisville that can give you comparison quotes.
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, you should always compare quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Louisville that can give you price quotes.
GMC Sonoma Insurance Premium Factors
Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The items below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
Deter theft and pay less – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
Vehicles with better crash test results are cheaper to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates.
Pay less if you’re married – Walking down the aisle may save some money compared to being single. Marriage usually means you are more mature and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Gender as a rate factor – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women have fender benders at a similar rate, but guys have costlier accidents. Men also tend to receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 generally have the highest accident percentage and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
Car insurance in Kentucky serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your GMC Sonoma with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your GMC for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Best car insurance in Louisville
Ending up with the best auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many choices you have in Kentucky. The ranking information listed below may help you select which insurers to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
The cheapest GMC Sonoma insurance in Louisville is definitely available online and from local agencies, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
How to find low-cost rates for GMC Sonoma insurance in Louisville
It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper GMC Sonoma insurance is to compare prices annually from companies in Louisville. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- First, get an understanding of how companies set rates and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as your driving record and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An important note is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Car Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Louisville Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Louisville Car Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)