Would you like to save money by finding the cheapest Ford Escape insurance in Louisville? Have you finally had enough of not being able to afford to make your insurance payment? You're in the same situation as many other Kentucky consumers.
It's a known fact that insurance companies don't want their customers to go rate shopping. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are highly likely to buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who regularly compared rates saved over $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If finding low prices for Ford Escape insurance in Louisville is your ultimate objective, then having some insight into how to find and compare auto insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
Due to the fact that there are so many choices of insurance companies that have cheap insurance for a Ford Escape in Louisville, it can be hard to choose the cheapest insurer.
You should make it a habit to quote other rates on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best rate on Ford Escape insurance in Louisville a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we're going to demonstrate the easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Keep in mind that comparing more prices will improve the odds of getting more affordable rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Louisville Escape insurance quotes online, so you also need to get price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Kentucky. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper Louisville insurance quotes with discounts
Companies don't necessarily list the entire discount list in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Claim-Free Discount - Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as compared to bad drivers.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy Louisville auto insurance online.
- Paperless Signup - A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing online.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
As a sidenote, some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic.
The information below shows the difference between Ford Escape car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may have these discounts possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your state. To view companies that offer discounts in Louisville, follow this link.
Facts and figures for Ford Escape insurance
The premium information shown next highlights different coverage costs for Ford Escape models. Being able to understand how insurance policy premiums are calculated can help guide drivers when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$130||$248||$360||$22||$108||$868||$72|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$130||$248||$360||$22||$108||$868||$72|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$130||$248||$360||$22||$108||$868||$72|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$150||$248||$360||$22||$108||$888||$74|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$150||$248||$360||$22||$108||$888||$74|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$150||$302||$360||$22||$108||$942||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Louisville garaging location which can revise premium rates significantly.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Ford Escape insurance prices for each different age group. The information is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Ford Escape Insurance
Multiple criteria are considered when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the factors that factor into your premiums.
- Don't cut corners with liability coverage - Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Increase physical damage deductibles and save - The deductibles you choose define how much the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be.
Type of car determines base costs - The performance level of the car you own makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Smaller low performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The next chart is based on a married female driver age 30, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Ford Escape insurance rates compared to other models that have a range of performances.
- Your location is important - Choosing to live in a small town is a good thing when talking about insurance. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates. City drivers tend to have traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Deter vehicle theft - Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
Insurance rates and age - Older people are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to be more careless behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Does insurance coverage cost more for guys? - The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don't assume that males are worse at driving than females. Males and females tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Male teenagers are most likely to cause an accident so it costs more to insure them.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Ford Escape car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance loss data for a Ford Escape - Insurers use statistical claims data to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher cost to insure.
The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Ford Escape vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Escape Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Escape 4dr 2WD 80 91 83 94 94 92 Ford Escape 4dr 4WD 81 84 94 85 90 77BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Some people would rather go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheaper rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. There is no reason to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Louisville?
- How are claims handled?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
What type of Louisville car insurance agent is right for you?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent.
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are Louisville exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Brandon Warren - State Farm Insurance Agent
12342 Shelbyville Rd - Louisville, KY 40243 - (502) 254-9300 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent insurance agents in Louisville that are able to give price quotes.
Ratings for Louisville car insurance companies
Finding a highly-rated car insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Kentucky. The company rank data listed below could help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Titan Insurance
Lower rates by being persistent
Affordable Ford Escape insurance in Louisville is available on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can reduce Ford Escape insurance premium rates online in Louisville. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Louisville auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
How to find the cheapest rates for Ford Escape insurance in Louisville
The recommended way to get budget auto insurance rates in Louisville is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Kentucky.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations and a poor credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The most important part of this process is to compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)