Unthinkable but true, the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Kentucky drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates and save money.
The best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Louisville. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Compare rates
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Cheap companies for Lexus RX 400h insurance in Kentucky
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Louisville, KY. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in KY, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can be pricey, but there may be some discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but some need to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy digitally online.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Car insurance companies that may include these benefits possibly include:
If you are trying to find low cost Louisville car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Louisville, click here to view.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When selecting a policy for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Insurance agent or online?
Certain consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Professional agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And providing support for local agencies is important particularly in Louisville.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to companies in Louisville who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Louisville for you
When researching a local Louisville insurance agent, there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Car insurance policy providers are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below are independent agents in Louisville who may be able to give you rate quotes.
Reeves Insurance Agency
3616 Dixie Hwy – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 448-6226 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are Louisville exclusive insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
Finding the right insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- What companies can they write with?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests, high prices or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
Discount Lexus RX 400h insurance in Louisville is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Louisville insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional auto insurance information is located at these links:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)