Do you need a better way to compare more competitive Fiat 500 insurance in Louisville? Purchasing cheap Louisville Fiat 500 insurance quotes can seem to be intimidating for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing prices over the internet. With literally dozens of online companies available, how can Louisville drivers effectively compare every one to find the best available price?
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of Kentucky insurance customers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never quoted insurance rates at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could pocket as much as $859 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
It is always a good idea to compare premium rates every six months since insurance prices trend upward over time. If you had the best rates on Fiat 500 insurance in Louisville on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using this strategy. Our objective in writing this article is to teach you the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance and how to save the most money. Although Kentucky drivers must understand how the larger insurance companies market on the web because rates fluctuate considerably.
Companies offering Fiat 500 insurance in Louisville
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Kentucky. To find cheaper car insurance in Kentucky, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Fiat 500 insurance in Louisville
Some providers do not advertise every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Louisville auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when getting a Louisville auto insurance quote.
- Online Discount – Some larger companies provide a small discount shop Louisville auto insurance over the internet.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with lower insurance rates if you buy life insurance.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Progressive and Allstate may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Fiat can earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts should help reduce your policy premiums.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, good student, air bags, federal employee, and driver training.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, multiple autos, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and good driver.
- Esurance may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, paid-in-full, claim free, good student, renters, and good driver.
- The Hartford has discounts for defensive driver, bundle, air bag, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
If you want inexpensive Louisville auto insurance quotes, ask each company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your area. To see a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Louisville, click this link.
Components of Your Fiat 500 Insurance Prices
Many factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
The following are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Consider raising coverage deductibles – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your Fiat. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a dented fender, damage from fire, and burglary. The deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Male rates may be higher – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Females and males are responsible for at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive your Fiat in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Having the wrong rating on your 500 may be costing you higher rates. Make sure your auto insurance coverage states the correct usage.
- Do you have enough liability insurance? – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if ever you are responsible for an accident. It provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Responsible drivers pay the best costs – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Only having one driving citation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Careful drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Allowing your coverage to lapse raises auto insurance rates – Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a quick way to bump up your auto insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Kentucky motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Fiat 500 is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
Fiat 500 statistical loss data – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher premium rate. The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Fiat 500 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Fiat 500 Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance quotes from local neighborhood Louisville car insurance agents
Many people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local.
By using this short form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Louisville that can provide free Louisville auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Louisville?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
Types of car insurance agents in Louisville
If you want a local Louisville insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Louisville are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Louisville that can give you rate quotes.
- Richard White – State Farm Insurance Agent
2420 Lime Kiln Ln Ste E – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 326-9800 – View Map
- Mary Henry – State Farm Insurance Agent
5800 Bardstown Rd – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 491-7797 – View Map
- Brian Morrison – State Farm Insurance Agent
104 Ridgeway Ave – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 895-2955 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
The following is a list of independent agents in Louisville that can give you comparison quotes.
- Dolack Insurance Agency Inc.
4050 Westport Rd – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 333-0577 – View Map
- National Insurance Agency, Inc.
13804 Lake Point Way # 202 – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 425-3232 – View Map
- Glenn E Martin Insurance
10226 Shelbyville Rd – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 245-8870 – View Map
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims or poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is easier than you think.
Lower-priced car insurance in Louisville can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Louisville agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller providers work with independent insurance agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Steps to finding low-cost Fiat 500 insurance in Louisville
The preferred way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from companies in Louisville. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many things that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Louisville Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)