To save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper Dodge Magnum insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who can sell car insurance in Louisville.
- First, gain an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives more ideas to help reduce prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Louisville. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who shop around for better prices are likely to move their business because they stand a good chance of finding lower prices. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared price quotes annually saved over $865 a year compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly insurance is why you’re reading this, understanding the best ways to find and compare insurance can save time and money.
Which Dodge Magnum insurance is cheapest in Louisville, Kentucky?
All major insurance companies make it easy to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Dodge Magnum insurance in Louisville is quite easy as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire on the page. Once entered, their system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price based on these factors.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Dodge Magnum insurance in Louisville makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get cheaper rates.
To use this form to compare rates, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you will receive a fair comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Kentucky. To get cheap car insurance in Louisville, KY, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Louisville insurance discounts for a Dodge Magnum
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better auto insurance rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Sign Online – A few companies provide a small discount just for signing your application digitally online.
- Organization Discounts – Being in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Louisville Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Louisville may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because it requires personal responsibility.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has savings for good student, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for distant student, early shopping, homeowner, youthful driver, teen driver, alternative fuel, and pay in full.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for 55 and retired, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, multiple autos, anti-theft, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO includes discounts for defensive driver, seat belt use, daytime running lights, driver training, emergency military deployment, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO discounts include drive less, homeowner, safe driver, bundle discounts, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for exclusive group savings, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, newly retired, good student, and new graduate.
It’s a good idea to ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Louisville. To see a list of insurers with significant discounts in Louisville, click here.
Choosing the best Dodge vehicle insurance in Kentucky is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Magnum has a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your Dodge gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Kentucky overpays more than $750 every year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Which is the best auto insurance?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance agents are trained to help
Some people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is definitely important in Louisville.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Louisville who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Insurance agent types
If you are searching for local Louisville agents, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they operate. Agents in Louisville are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can handle car insurance, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in Louisville that may be able to provide price quotes.
- Claude Reynolds Insurance
6801 Dixie Hwy #232 – Louisville, KY 40258 – (502) 933-2255 – View Map
- Braden Insurance Agency Inc.
3069 Breckenridge Ln – Louisville, KY 40220 – (502) 437-3926 – View Map
- Gerald Schott Insurance
10602 Timberwood Cir # 14 – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 426-5887 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Louisville exclusive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Sam Wheeler – State Farm Insurance Agent
2902 Bardstown Rd – Louisville, KY 40205 – (502) 459-9700 – View Map
- Charlton Grant Sr – State Farm Insurance Agent
1802 Farnsley Rd – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 448-0202 – View Map
- Brandon Warren – State Farm Insurance Agent
12342 Shelbyville Rd – Louisville, KY 40243 – (502) 254-9300 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Louisville?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles.