Unfortunately, almost 70% of insureds have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in Kentucky could save an average of as much as $630 each year by just shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find cheap car insurance rates.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable Dodge Journey insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers that insure vehicles in Louisville. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as distracted driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides more information to get affordable coverage and earn a bigger discount.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you have coverage now or just want a better rate, you can learn to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Buying affordable car insurance in Louisville is much easier if you know where to start. Drivers just need to use the fastest way to get comparison quotes online from multiple companies.
Low Cost Dodge insurance rate quotes in Louisville
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Louisville, KY. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Kentucky, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Rate information and statistics
The premium information shown next outlines estimates of rate quotes for Dodge Journey models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are figured can help customers make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Journey SE 2WD
|Journey SXT 2WD
|Journey R/T 2WD
|Journey SXT Crew 2WD
|Journey SXT AWD
|Journey R/T AWD
|Journey SXT Crew AWD
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Data variables include single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can alter rates greatly.
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Dodge Journey yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Gender differences in car insurance premiums
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Journey insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Earn discounts on Louisville car insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there may be some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied before being credited.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their company to study driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Paper-free Discount – Some companies will give a small break get Louisville car insurance on the internet.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Journey insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
To choose companies with significant discounts in Louisville, click here.
What is the best insurance coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
When to contact an insurance agent
A lot of people still like to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agencies is important especially in Louisville.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an provider shouldn’t rely on just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Louisville?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
Upon getting good feedback to your questions and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance company that meets the criteria to adequately provide car insurance.
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability auto insurance
This provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/10 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like bail bonds, court costs, medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Kentucky requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough.
Comprehensive car insurance
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a deer, a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and damage from flooding. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage pays for damage to your Journey resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Journey to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/10 in Kentucky), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like dental work, hospital visits, nursing services and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Frequent quotes can save
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to find cheaper Dodge Journey insurance in Louisville. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Louisville car insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Cheap Dodge Journey insurance in Louisville is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Louisville agents, so you need to quote Louisville car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)