Nobody I know gets a kick out of paying for car insurance, particularly when their premiums are through the roof.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who shop for lower rates are likely to switch car insurance companies because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey found that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved over $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best price on Tesla Model X insurance in Louisville is your ultimate goal, then understanding the best way to shop and compare car insurance can make shopping around easier.
There are many insurers to pick from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to adequately compare rates for Tesla Model X insurance in Louisville.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Louisville is not that difficult. If you currently have insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the ideas covered in this article. But Kentucky car owners do need to understand the way insurance companies charge you for coverage because it varies considerably.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current Model X insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for substantially lower rates.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who are attending college and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts should definitely cut your insurance premiums.
Popular insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for Switch & Save, online quote, claim free, online shopper, good driver, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford discounts include vehicle fuel type, air bag, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, and driver training.
- AAA offers discounts including good driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, air bags, daytime running lights, seat belt use, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, accident-free, good driver, and student away at school.
If you are trying to find low cost Louisville car insurance quotes, ask every company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your area. To see companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Louisville, follow this link.
When quoting insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find a better price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so you should also compare prices from them as well.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Louisville, KY. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in Louisville, KY, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Local Louisville auto insurance agents
Many drivers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Louisville that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Louisville auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you are wanting to find a good Louisville insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Louisville who may provide you with price quotes.
Brandon Warren – State Farm Insurance Agent
12342 Shelbyville Rd – Louisville, KY 40243 – (502) 254-9300 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you compare prices from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Louisville willing to provide price quote information.
Quote more to save more
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped full coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We just presented a lot of tips how to compare Tesla Model X insurance premium rates in Louisville. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Louisville car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Steps to finding low-cost Tesla Model X insurance in Louisville
The recommended way to get cheaper Tesla Model X insurance in Louisville is to start comparing rates regularly from companies in Kentucky.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important note is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
More information can be found at the links below
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Louisville Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Louisville, Kentucky? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Louisville Car Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)