Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who do rate comparisons will presumably switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved about $72 a month compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance in Louisville is the reason for your visit, knowing how to find and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you want to save money, the best way to get discount Mazda RX-8 insurance in Louisville is to start comparing prices yearly from companies in Kentucky.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many things that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides the details to help prevent costly coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper RX-8 coverage is available. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. When you receive it, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is that you use identical coverages on every quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Finding and comparing the best-priced policy in Louisville is not as confusing as people think. Essentially every person who is required by state law to have car insurance stands a good chance to be able to lower their premiums. Although Kentucky consumers must understand the way companies determine what you pay because it varies considerably.
Best Mazda RX-8 insurance prices in Kentucky
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Louisville, KY. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in Louisville, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Statistics and details
The rate information displayed below highlights a range of insurance costs for Mazda RX-8 models. Understanding how insurance policy rates are established can help customers make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX-8 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$304||$566||$424||$26||$128||$1,448||$121|
|RX-8 Grand Touring 4-Dr Coupe||$304||$652||$424||$26||$128||$1,534||$128|
|RX-8 R3 4-Dr Coupe||$304||$652||$424||$26||$128||$1,534||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact premium rates greatly.
Lower-cost Louisville car insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up before your current RX-8 insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new RX-8 can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Louisville auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below shows the difference between Mazda RX-8 car insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including paid-in-full, multi-policy, online shopper, defensive driver, and good driver.
- The Hartford discounts include driver training, anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, good student, and air bag.
- AAA offers premium reductions for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, multi-policy, good student, and multi-car.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, defensive driver, driver training, and membership and employees.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, driver’s education, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
If you need inexpensive Louisville auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Louisville. For a list of insurers who offer free Mazda RX-8 insurance quotes in Kentucky, follow this link.
What Affects Mazda RX-8 Insurance Premiums?
Many different elements are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
Liability coverage – Liability coverage will provide protection if you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Save by driving cars with good safety ratings – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Mazda scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
Save mileage and save money – The higher the miles on your Mazda in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies calculate rates based on their usage. Autos that do not get driven very much cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated RX-8 may be wasting your money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
Raising deductibles lowers costs – Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Mazda. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Independent and exclusive car insurance agents
Some consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is important particularly in Louisville.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Louisville who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Different types of car insurance agents in Louisville
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they operate. Auto insurance agents may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Louisville that can give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Louisville that can give you price quote information.
Finding the right auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly service your auto insurance policy. Keep in mind you are entitled to cancel a policy at any point so don’t think you’re contractually obligated to any specific agency for any length of time.
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Cheaper Mazda RX-8 insurance in Louisville is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We just presented a lot of ways to reduce Mazda RX-8 insurance premium rates online in Louisville. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)