The preferred way to get more affordable Kia Spectra insurance in Louisville is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies in Kentucky. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand auto insurance and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic violations, and your credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover information to keep prices down and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. With the average premium in Kentucky being $2,100, drivers can cut their rates by nearly $631 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare other rate quotes.
The best way we recommend to compare rates for Kia Spectra insurance in Louisville is to know most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including if the car is leased, whether or not you need a SR-22, how you use your vehicles, and if you have an active license. Your details is sent automatically to insurance carriers in your area and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The following companies offer quotes in Kentucky. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Louisville, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Why you need Kia Spectra insurance in Kentucky
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Spectra in Louisville, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Kentucky overpays as much as $850 per year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheaper Louisville insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Spectra insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for better insurance rates.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on insurance.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Kia Spectra insurance rates in Louisville.
- E-sign – Many companies will give you a small discount shop Louisville car insurance online.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Louisville car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To locate insurance companies with discount rates in Kentucky, click this link.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
Some consumers still like to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Louisville.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to companies in Louisville who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Louisville can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
These agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Louisville that may be able to give you free price quotes.
- Dolack Insurance Agency Inc.
4050 Westport Rd – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 333-0577 – View Map
- Logan, Stanley – Logan Lavelle Hunt Insurance
11420 Bluegrass Pkwy – Louisville, KY 40299 – (502) 499-6880 – View Map
- Claude Reynolds Insurance
6801 Dixie Hwy #232 – Louisville, KY 40258 – (502) 933-2255 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Louisville exclusive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Jeremy Graham – State Farm Insurance Agent
5438 New Cut Rd Ste 102 – Louisville, KY 40214 – (502) 368-6529 – View Map
- Richard White – State Farm Insurance Agent
2420 Lime Kiln Ln Ste E – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 326-9800 – View Map
- Joe Bell Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4016 Preston Hwy – Louisville, KY 40213 – (502) 361-2367 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Louisville?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
After you get good answers for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles. But remember, it’s your coverage and you can cancel your policy whenever you choose to so don’t assume you are locked into a specific agent indefinitely.
One last note
When buying insurance coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy cancellation, poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
We just covered many ways to shop for Kia Spectra insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Additional insurance information is located on the following sites:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Louisville Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)