Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Kentucky drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Louisville.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how insurance works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for more ideas to prevent high prices and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. Immediately put the proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Louisville can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you currently have insurance, you will most likely be able to save money using these tips. Drivers just need to learn the most time-saving way to compare different rates from many different companies online.
How much is Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Louisville?
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be relatively painless. All that’s required is to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes to find out which insurance company has affordable Ford C-Max Energi insurance quotes.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Kentucky. To locate cheap car insurance in Louisville, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Louisville?
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a defensive driving class may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military can result in better rates.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow companies to study vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Accident Free – Louisville drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Kentucky, click here to view.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most lenders will require you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your Ford C-Max Energi and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $800 each year so compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. You are unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- What happens if I owe more than my Ford C-Max Energi is worth?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Many people just want to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Louisville who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. A good agent in Louisville will have answers to these questions.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Louisville for you
If you need to find a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Louisville agents are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both handle auto insurance, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Louisville willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Bob Savko – State Farm Insurance Agent
10839 Bluegrass Pkwy – Louisville, KY 40299 – (502) 499-7575 – View Map
- Matt Miller – State Farm Insurance Agent
8321 Preston Hwy – Louisville, KY 40219 – (502) 964-6288 – View Map
- Troy Coulter – State Farm Insurance Agent
4906 Outer Loop – Louisville, KY 40219 – (502) 964-2002 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to include a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent agencies in Louisville that are able to give price quote information.
- Corey Insurance Agency
3832 Taylorsville Rd #1 – Louisville, KY 40220 – (502) 473-7910 – View Map
- Claude Reynolds Insurance
6801 Dixie Hwy #232 – Louisville, KY 40258 – (502) 933-2255 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Christopher James Parsons Agency
10300 Brookridge Village Blvd Ste 103 – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 239-5054 – View Map