It’s astonishing, but nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in the U.S. could save about 47% a year, but most undervalue the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Louisville.
- Step 1: Read about how insurance works and the things you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for instructions to prevent rate hikes and find missing discounts.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to try to compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Louisville
Auto insurance is expensive, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Most are applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may qualify for reduced rates.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of larger companies will provide an incentive shop Louisville car insurance on your computer.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids living away from Louisville attending college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may include discounts for safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, student away at school, driver’s education, good student, and good driver.
- GEICO has discounts for seat belt use, air bags, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, and daytime running lights.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including auto/life discount, anti-lock brakes, teenSMART discount, FullPay discount, eSmart discount, and senior citizen.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for drive less, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for 55 and retired, renewal discount, driver training, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, and continuous coverage.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, anti-theft, education and occupation, good student, and good driver.
Check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in every state. To see a list of insurance companies who offer free Chevy TrailBlazer insurance quotes in Kentucky, click here.
Compare Louisville Chevy TrailBlazer insurance rate quotes online
To get affordable Louisville car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rates from different companies. The recommended way to find cheaper Chevy TrailBlazer rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Getting free quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it obsolete to physically go to and from local Louisville insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless your situation requires the professional guidance of a licensed agent. However, consumers can find lower rates online and get advice from an agent in your area.
Keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies will enable you to find a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Louisville, KY. To find the best car insurance in KY, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Buying from insurance agencies
Many drivers still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How long has the business existed?
- Where are claims handled?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Kentucky?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
If you would like to find a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Louisville agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Louisville that can give you price quotes.
Duanne Hawkins Cooper – State Farm Insurance Agent
2152 Glenworth Ave – Louisville, KY 40218 – (502) 458-0258 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Louisville who can help you get rate quotes.
Schmidt Insurance Inc
7410 New La Grange Rd – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 429-0477 – View Map
If you get reasonable responses and an acceptable price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles.
Best car insurance company in Kentucky
Ending up with the best car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Kentucky. The company information in the next section can help you select which insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies is easier than you think.
You just read many tips how you can save on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Louisville. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Louisville car insurance, the better likelihood of getting low cost Louisville car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Louisville Car Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)