If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find affordable Chevy Sonic insurance in Louisville is to annually compare prices from companies who provide auto insurance in Kentucky.
- Get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Louisville. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. Be sure to keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Unbelievable but true according to a study over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many consumers in Kentucky could cut their rates by roughly 30% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to shop their coverage around.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Chevy Sonic Insurance
Multiple criteria are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
The factors shown below are a few of the things companies use to determine your premiums.
- Deter vehicle theft – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Safer cars save money – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates.
- A coverage lapse is a bad thing – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Obey driving laws and save – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Only having one ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Careful drivers get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with careless tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Consider raising coverage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Chevy. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a broken windshield, hail damage, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Gender and insurance rates – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Men and women are in fender benders at a similar rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Drive less and save – The more you drive your Chevy each year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. A policy that improperly rates your Sonic can cost quite a bit. Verify your policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Rates and occupation – Careers such as real estate brokers, social workers, and financial analysts generally pay higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work situations and long work days. Other jobs like professors, historians and retirees pay lower than average rates.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Sonic – Auto insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for specific coverages. The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Sonic vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Sonic Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Sonic 104 132 91 167 189 159BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
We just covered many tips how you can lower your Chevy Sonic insurance rates in Louisville. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a small mutual company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Low-cost Chevy Sonic insurance in Louisville can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
When you buy Louisville car insurance online, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)