It takes a little time, but the best way to get the cheapest Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide auto insurance in Louisville. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like distracted driving and a negative credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for more ideas to help find cheaper rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who shop around at least once a year are very likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey found that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved $850 each year compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding discount rates on insurance in Louisville is your target objective, knowing how to get rate quotes and compare auto insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Determine discounts on Louisville insurance
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might find some hidden discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military could mean lower insurance rates.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Early Signing – Select larger companies give a discount for switching policies prior to your current Silverado 3500HD insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies will give a small break for completing your application on the internet.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow their company to analyze their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
The information below shows the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data assumes a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, multiple autos, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide has discounts for anti-theft, business or organization, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, multi-vehicle, military active duty, driver training, air bags, and daytime running lights.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, good student, pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-car, education and occupation, and good driver.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including theft prevention, student driver, air bags, teen driver, and 55 and older.
- The Hartford discounts include bundle, air bag, vehicle fuel type, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your state.
Getting a cheaper price on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance is pretty simple and can save money. All that’s required is to spend a few minutes on the computer to get quotes to find out which insurance company has affordable Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD insurance quotes.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to call or drive to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to quote Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you want the professional guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible to get prices online but buy the policy through an agent.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in Louisville, KY. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in KY, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Insurance rate breakdown
The premium table shown next outlines different prices for Chevy Silverado 3500HD models. Learning more about how policy rates are calculated is important to be able to make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$222||$480||$462||$28||$138||$1,330||$111|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$222||$480||$462||$28||$138||$1,330||$111|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$222||$416||$368||$22||$110||$1,138||$95|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$244||$416||$368||$22||$110||$1,160||$97|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$244||$480||$368||$22||$110||$1,224||$102|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$244||$480||$368||$22||$110||$1,224||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Information does not factor in garaging location in Louisville which can impact insurance rates considerably.
Annual premiums comparing men and women
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no violations or accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD liability rates compared to full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive formula to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevy Silverado 3500HD book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Don’t I need to have guidance from an insurance agency?
A lot of people would rather go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Best car insurance agent in Louisville
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they work. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can handle car insurance, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Louisville who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to include independent agents to maximize your price options.
Below is a list of independent agents in Louisville that can give you comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Lisa Spalding Sherman Insurance Agency Inc
10339 Linn Station Rd – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 423-1611 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
More affordable car insurance in Louisville is definitely available both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Louisville car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like policy cancellation, high prices, delays in responding to claim requests or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be easier than you think.
As you shop your coverage around, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an insured dropped full coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about car insurance in Kentucky can be read at these links:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Louisville Car Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)