Beginners to shopping for auto insurance online may discover locating low cost Chevrolet Venture insurance is harder than they anticipated.
How to buy cheaper Chevy Venture insurance in Louisville
The most effective way to get low-cost Chevy Venture insurance in Louisville is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Kentucky. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
First, get a basic knowledge of what is in your policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new policy. Don’t forget to keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who shop around at least once a year are highly likely to buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced policy. A study showed that drivers who routinely compared rates saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If finding low prices for auto insurance is your goal, then having some knowledge of how to compare insurance premiums can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes at least once a year since insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best rate on Chevy Venture insurance in Louisville a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. There are lots of tips to save on Venture insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some good information on how to lower your insurance rates in Louisville.
Companies offering Chevy Venture insurance in Kentucky
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Louisville, KY. To get cheap auto insurance in KY, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Get cheaper rates on Chevy Venture insurance in Louisville with these car insurance discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may be missing some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Venture can cost up to 25% less since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to see a list of companies with the best discounts in Louisville, follow this link.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is my Chevy Venture covered for flood damage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
What if I want to buy from local Louisville auto insurance agents?
Some consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get cheaper rates and still have a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Louisville.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When looking for a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will want to get several quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Louisville who can help you get free insurance rate quotes.
- Reeves Insurance Agency
3616 Dixie Hwy – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 448-6226 – View Map
- Glenn E Martin Insurance
10226 Shelbyville Rd – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 245-8870 – View Map
- Dick Watts Insurance
12200 Shelbyville Rd #112 – Louisville, KY 40243 – (502) 245-3625 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often use the same agent mainly due to the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Louisville willing to provide rate quotes.
- Greg Vincent – State Farm Insurance Agent
167 S English Station Rd – Louisville, KY 40245 – (502) 245-3227 – View Map
- Duanne Hawkins Cooper – State Farm Insurance Agent
2152 Glenworth Ave – Louisville, KY 40218 – (502) 458-0258 – View Map
- Carmel Stauffer – State Farm Insurance Agent
3805 Poplar Level Rd – Louisville, KY 40213 – (502) 375-1744 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Kentucky?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Ratings for Kentucky auto insurance companies
Choosing the best car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many choices there are in Louisville. The company information in the next section could help you select which companies to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Budget-friendly insurance in Louisville can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not have online quoting and these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured cut liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver or even unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Steps to buying cheaper Chevy Venture insurance in Louisville
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates in Louisville is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Kentucky.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Venture coverage is available in Louisville. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new insurer. When you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Other learning opportunities
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)