The most effective way to save money on auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers that insure vehicles in Louisville. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher prices like high-risk driving behaviors and a bad credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because there is a good probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved as much as $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest price on insurance is your target objective, knowing the best way to compare insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Cheap Audi insurance price quotes in Louisville
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Louisville, KY. If you want to find the best auto insurance in Kentucky, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance analysis for an Audi R8
The premium information displayed below covers a range of coverage costs for Audi R8 models. Learning as much as possible about how rates are determined is important for you to make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|R8 4.2 Quattro
|R8 4.2 Quattro
|R8 5.2 Quattro 10Cyl
|R8 5.2 Quattro 10Cyl
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Table data represents married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can modify prices considerably.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Audi R8 insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Annual premiums for males compared to females
The diagram below shows the comparison of Audi R8 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage or liability only
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Audi R8 insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Kentucky. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no exact rule to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Audi R8 settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $300 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Cheaper Louisville auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies do not list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow driving data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive better auto insurance rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Louisville auto insurance quote.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Audi R8 auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some companies that may have most of the discounts above include:
If you need cheaper Louisville auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some credits may not apply in Louisville. If you would like to view companies that offer discounts in Louisville, click this link.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Louisville
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
- Vehicle options that cut rates – Owning a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent auto theft.
- Safer occupants lowers car insurance rates – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
More performance means higher premiums – The performance level of the car or truck you own makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Low performance passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following data is based on a single male driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Audi R8 car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performance rating factors.
- Always keep your car insurance policy in force – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Kentucky DMV.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a dented fender, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Add-on coverages that aren’t used – Insurance companies have many additional coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Buying from insurance agents
Some consumers just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your business. You never need to contact an agency because prices are sent to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How long has the business existed?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Louisville?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
If you receive acceptable answers for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found a company that will service your policy.
Kentucky car insurance company ratings
Choosing a highly-rated insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Louisville. The company information below can help you decide which auto insurers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
What is YOUR best insurance company?
You just learned some good ideas how to shop for Audi R8 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the best auto insurance rates are with a small local company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper Audi R8 insurance in Louisville is attainable online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Louisville auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)