Would you like to stop wasting money and find low-cost auto insurance rates in Louisville, KY? Louisville buyers have a choice when searching for the lowest priced Pontiac Solstice insurance. They can either waste time calling around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Pontiac and find the best price possible either online or from Louisville insurance agents.
You need to compare rates before your policy renews since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the best rate on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Louisville a couple years back you will most likely find a better price today. There are a lot of ways to save on Solstice insurance online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn a bunch of ideas how to buy auto insurance cheaper in Louisville.
If you have insurance now or just want a better rate, you can learn to get lower rates without reducing coverage. Our goal in writing this article teach you how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. Drivers just have to know the tricks to quote multiple rates from many different companies online.
Quote Louisville Pontiac Solstice insurance online
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Kentucky. If you want to find the best car insurance in KY, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Pontiac Solstice insurance in Louisville with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all possible discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down both the well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
- College Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Louisville and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower rates.
- E-sign Discounts – A few auto insurance companies will provide an incentive get Louisville auto insurance on your computer.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to view auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Kentucky, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Louisville car insurance agents?
Many drivers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agents is still important in Louisville.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Louisville that can give you free Louisville auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered directly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Louisville for you
If you would like to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Louisville can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can provide insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. When comparison shopping, you need to compare prices from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Louisville that can possibly get you pricing information.
- Nationwide Insurance Ditsler Insurance Inc
1313 Lyndon Ln #102 – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 895-0812 – View Map
- Claude Reynolds Insurance
6801 Dixie Hwy #232 – Louisville, KY 40258 – (502) 933-2255 – View Map
- Epic Insurance Solutions
9700 Ormsby Station Rd #200 – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 805-3742 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Louisville exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
- Brian Morrison – State Farm Insurance Agent
104 Ridgeway Ave – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 895-2955 – View Map
- Joe Bell Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4016 Preston Hwy – Louisville, KY 40213 – (502) 361-2367 – View Map
- Jeremy Graham – State Farm Insurance Agent
5438 New Cut Rd Ste 102 – Louisville, KY 40214 – (502) 368-6529 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Louisville, get answers to these questions.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When selecting proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Pontiac Solstice Insurance Premiums?
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower premium levels.
- Save by driving safer cars – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Pontiac Solstice is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Males pay more for auto insurance – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean women are better drivers. Females and males get in fender benders at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Male teenagers have the highest risk to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Little extras can really add up – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that can waste your money when buying insurance. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Most companies allow a discount to insureds that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
- Affects performance affects auto insurance rates – The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices are usually for economy passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Raise deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your Pontiac. Examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, flood damage, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Buying the right Pontiac vehicle insurance in Kentucky is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Pontiac Solstice in Louisville, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Solstice, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Pontiac at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Kentucky is wasting up to $820 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheap auto insurance rates are possible
Some companies may not have online quoting and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Cheaper Pontiac Solstice insurance in Louisville can be found both online and with local Louisville insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
We just showed you many ideas to get a better price on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Louisville. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
Steps to finding better rates for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Louisville
The most effective way to find affordable quotes for Pontiac Solstice insurance is to annually compare prices from insurers in Louisville.
- First, read about how auto insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)