It’s hard to fathom, but most Kentucky auto insurance customers have been with the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. American drivers could save approximately 47% a year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to go online and compare rates.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Louisville is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies in Kentucky. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides additional tips to prevent rate hikes and earn larger discounts.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper i-MiEV coverage is available in Louisville. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A valuable tip to remember is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you have a current car insurance policy or just want to save money, use these cost-cutting techniques to save money without having to cut coverage. Our goal is to instruct you on how car insurance quotes work and some tips to save money. Comparison shoppers just have to use the proper way to compare rate quotes over the internet.
Most of the larger companies give coverage price quotes on the web. Doing online price comparisons for Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Louisville is pretty easy as you simply enter your required coverages on the page. When complete, the company’s rating system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information based on the data you entered.
Using the web to get price quotes for Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Louisville makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for cheap car insurance pricing.
To find out if lower rates are available, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This helps ensure you will get a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in Kentucky. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Louisville, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance, paying for insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your i-MiEV, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mitsubishi at a more expensive rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your Mitsubishi i-MiEV and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $855 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to save money.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Louisville
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every possible discount very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Louisville auto insurance online.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home at college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow driving data submission to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of more than 20%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Sign Early and Save – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current i-MiEV insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Car insurance companies that have some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not be available in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Kentucky, click here.
Insurance agents can find coverage gaps
A lot of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper auto insurance rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area that can provide free Louisville auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Louisville?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- If they are an independent agency in Louisville, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Louisville are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the differences since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Louisville willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Brian Morrison – State Farm Insurance Agent
104 Ridgeway Ave – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 895-2955 – View Map
- Joe Bell Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4016 Preston Hwy – Louisville, KY 40213 – (502) 361-2367 – View Map
- Charlton Grant Sr – State Farm Insurance Agent
1802 Farnsley Rd – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 448-0202 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Louisville willing to provide price quotes.
- Reeves Insurance Agency
3616 Dixie Hwy – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 448-6226 – View Map
- Logan, Stanley – Logan Lavelle Hunt Insurance
11420 Bluegrass Pkwy – Louisville, KY 40299 – (502) 499-6880 – View Map
- Braden Insurance Agency Inc.
3069 Breckenridge Ln – Louisville, KY 40220 – (502) 437-3926 – View Map
If you get satisfactory answers to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide car insurance.
Persistence pays off
When buying insurance coverage, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an insured dropped full coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver or even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right insurance provider can be pretty painless.
We just presented a lot of techniques to save on Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Louisville. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with the least-expected company.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is Louisville Car Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)