It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who get price comparisons are very likely to buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved $865 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance is your ultimate goal, then having an understanding of the best way to quote and compare insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
The best way we recommend to find lower priced Jaguar S-Type insurance in Louisville is to do a yearly price comparison from companies who can sell car insurance in Kentucky.
- Get an understanding of how your policy works and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations and an imperfect credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. Once received, place the new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Save money with these seven discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Louisville car insurance online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower premium rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same insurance company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Sign Online – A few insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application over the internet.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on S-Type insurance in Louisville.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for anti-theft, good student, multi-car, ease of repair, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for switch companies, multi-car, distant student, teen driver, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, and good student.
- Farm Bureau discounts include safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, youthful driver, driver training, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, defensive driving training, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for farm vehicle, senior citizen, resident student, early signing, good student, new car, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-theft, multi-policy, air bags, driver training, emergency military deployment, and seat belt use.
When getting free Louisville car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Louisville. To locate insurance companies who offer cheap Jaguar S-Type insurance quotes in Louisville, click here to view.
Most companies like State Farm and Allstate allow consumers to get pricing on their websites. This process is fairly simple as you simply enter your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their system sends out for reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote based on these factors. This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find the cheapest price possible.
To compare rates now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will have rate quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Louisville, KY. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Jaguar S-Type?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Louisville?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
When should I contact an insurance agent?
Many drivers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Louisville that can give you free Louisville car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Louisville who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you should always include several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are Louisville independent agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Car insurance companies ranked
Ending up with the highest-rated car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies provide coverage in Louisville. The company ratings listed below can help you pick which auto insurers to look at to insure your vehicles.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your S-Type to save money on collision insurance.
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/10 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like structural damage, legal defense fees, loss of income, emergency aid and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford. Kentucky state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why minimum state limits may not be enough.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, falling objects and hail damage. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills for nursing services, prosthetic devices, hospital visits, chiropractic care and pain medications. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
One last thing about your coverage
When you buy Louisville car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. The cheapest Jaguar S-Type insurance in Louisville is available both online and also from your neighborhood Louisville agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
We just covered a lot of tips how to shop for Jaguar S-Type insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Louisville car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier. They may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)