Really, the only way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Louisville is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in Kentucky.
- Try to comprehend how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and bad credit can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for tips to help prevent costly coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies. Select a company
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who do rate comparisons will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey discovered that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved over $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance is your objective, then learning about how to compare insurance can make shopping around easier.
Cut your insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t necessarily list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get lower premium rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current Transit Connect insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few insurance companies.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below shows the difference between Ford Transit Connect car insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including switch companies, teen driver, alternative fuel, early shopping, and mature driver.
- Esurance includes discounts for DriveSense, online quote, Switch & Save, online shopper, and Pac-12 alumni.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, good driver, student away at school, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-policy, federal employee, defensive driver, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
- Allstate offers discounts including good payer, premier discount, eSmart discount, defensive driver, premier plus, new car, and utility vehicle.
Check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to see a list of companies with discount rates in Louisville, follow this link.
To find affordable Ford Transit Connect insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from many available car insurance companies in Kentucky. By far the easiest way to find the cheapest Ford Transit Connect insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
It’s important to know that making a lot of price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating the best rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so it’s necessary to compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Louisville, KY. To find cheap auto insurance in Kentucky, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Detailed insurance information
The information below highlights a range of insurance coverage prices for Ford Transit Connect models. Learning more about how insurance prices are formulated is important to be able to make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Transit Connect XL 2WD||$204||$342||$428||$26||$128||$1,128||$94|
|Transit Connect XLT 2WD||$204||$342||$428||$26||$128||$1,128||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Information does not factor in garaging location in Louisville which can impact rates considerably.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford Transit Connect auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The chart below shows the comparison of Ford Transit Connect yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The information is based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no set guideline to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Transit Connect claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Local Louisville insurance agencies and insurance
Many drivers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a insurer should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that you can select. Agencies in Louisville can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Louisville that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Peggy Druin – State Farm Insurance Agent
1547 Old Preston Hwy N b – Louisville, KY 40229 – (502) 955-9746 – View Map
- Joe Bell Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4016 Preston Hwy – Louisville, KY 40213 – (502) 361-2367 – View Map
- Clay Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8145 New La Grange Rd – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 426-1511 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Louisville who can help you get price quotes.
- Corey Insurance Agency
3832 Taylorsville Rd #1 – Louisville, KY 40220 – (502) 473-7910 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Jerry Kays Insurance Inc
3701 Taylorsville Rd #1a – Louisville, KY 40220 – (502) 459-0833 – View Map
- Braden Insurance Agency Inc.
3069 Breckenridge Ln – Louisville, KY 40220 – (502) 437-3926 – View Map
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Ford Transit Connect insurance in Louisville. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest auto insurance rates come from the least-expected company.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests and even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
More information is available below:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)