Are you sick of overpaying and want the cheapest Ford Freestyle insurance in Louisville? Did a good deal turn out to be an overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are a lot of people in Louisville just like you who feel imprisoned by their auto insurance policy.
It’s hard to fathom, but over 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Most drivers in the United States could save about 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to shop their coverage around.
Steps to buying affordable Ford Freestyle insurance in Louisville
If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable Ford Freestyle insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers in Louisville.
- First, take a little time to learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as your driving record and bad credit can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides additional tips to find cheap prices and get bigger discounts.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Louisville. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Many car insurance companies vie for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and get the best coverage at the best rate on Ford Freestyle insurance in Louisville.
Learn How to Find Car Insurance More Affordably
It’s important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you cheaper rates.
Too many policy claims drive up car insurance rates – Car insurance companies in Kentucky generally give cheaper rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Liability insurance is critical – Liability insurance provides coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
Having a spouse can save you money – Being married may save some money when buying car insurance. It means you’re more mature and responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
Infrequent drivers can save – The higher the mileage driven annually the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Freestyle may be costing you.
Prevent theft and save – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent auto theft.
Don’t cancel your policy without a new one in place – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Lowering your Ford Freestyle auto insurance rates is an easy way to save money. You just need to invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
It’s so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it takes the place of having to physically go to insurance agencies in your area. Shopping for auto insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. However, consumers can obtain prices from the web but still have the advice of a local agent.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Louisville, KY. To get the cheapest auto insurance in KY, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Freestyle insurance, maintaining insurance is required in Kentucky but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Kentucky is overpaying over $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Louisville insurance discounts for a Ford Freestyle
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before being credited.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- American Family has savings for defensive driver, good driver, good student, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, and air bags.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for good student, teen driver, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, and theft prevention.
- Travelers offers discounts for continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, home ownership, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, daytime running lights, military active duty, multi-vehicle, federal employee, anti-theft, and good student.
If you are trying to find cheaper Louisville auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your state. To see providers who offer discounts in Louisville, click this link.
Get rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Louisville auto insurance agent
A lot of people would rather sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Louisville that can give you free Louisville auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How are claims handled?
Two types of Louisville car insurance agents
If you would like to find an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Louisville are either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can sell insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they are different since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Louisville who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you should always check rates from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following are Louisville independent agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Reeves Insurance Agency
3616 Dixie Hwy – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 448-6226 – View Map
Persistence will pay off
The cheapest Ford Freestyle insurance in Louisville can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Louisville, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
We’ve covered many ideas to find lower-cost Ford Freestyle insurance in Louisville. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to find low-cost Ford Freestyle insurance in Louisville
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost Ford Freestyle insurance in Louisville is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Kentucky.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and poor credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment for your new policy. When you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you use identical coverage information on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Louisville Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)