The preferred way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Louisville is to compare prices once a year from companies in Kentucky. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Get an understanding of how car insurance works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as inattentive driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for additional tips to get cheaper coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It's easy to assume that insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. Drivers who compare price quotes will most likely switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding more affordable rates. A study showed that people who compared price quotes annually saved about $860 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price for Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Louisville is why you're reading this, learning how to quote and compare coverage rates can save money and time.
If you currently have car insurance, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Comparison shopping for the cheapest protection in Louisville is not as confusing as people think. But Kentucky vehicle owners must understand how insurance companies determine how much to charge and use this information to your advantage.
Most companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get coverage prices direct online. The process can be done by anyone because you just enter your coverage preferences into the form. After you complete the form, their rating system will order your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote based on the data you entered.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find the cheapest possible prices on auto insurance.
In order to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This guarantees you are getting rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Louisville, KY. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance rate analysis
The information below showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Chevy Silverado 2500HD models. Having a good understanding how insurance prices are formulated helps drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$260||$460||$336||$20||$100||$1,176||$98|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$260||$530||$380||$22||$114||$1,306||$109|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$260||$460||$336||$20||$100||$1,176||$98|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$288||$530||$336||$20||$100||$1,274||$106|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$288||$530||$380||$22||$114||$1,334||$111|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Extended Cab Diesel 2WD||$288||$530||$380||$22||$114||$1,334||$111|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$288||$530||$380||$22||$114||$1,334||$111|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$288||$530||$336||$20||$100||$1,274||$106|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$288||$600||$380||$22||$114||$1,404||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Louisville which can revise premiums greatly.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance costs for different age categories. The information is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can impact Chevy Silverado 2500HD annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Silverado 2500HD in Louisville, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Silverado 2500HD has a lienholder, most lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Kentucky is overpaying over $850 per year so compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Take these ten policy discounts and save on Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Louisville
Some companies don't always publicize every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some car insurance companies give a lower rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Louisville auto insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
- College Student - College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don't have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking part in a course teaching driver safety skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get lower premium rates.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning your own home or condo can save you money because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Student Discounts - Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it's just not the way it works.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance rates with and without discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
For a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Louisville, click here.
Insurance agencies can help
Many people would rather have an agent's advice and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that provide free Louisville auto insurance quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking a company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. A good agent in Louisville will have answers to these questions.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Kentucky?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's important to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agents in Louisville are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often use the same agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Louisville that are able to give price quotes.
- Justin Roper - State Farm Insurance Agent
8800 Dixie Hwy b - Louisville, KY 40258 - (502) 271-3211 - View Map
- Richard White - State Farm Insurance Agent
2420 Lime Kiln Ln Ste E - Louisville, KY 40222 - (502) 326-9800 - View Map
- Mary Henry - State Farm Insurance Agent
5800 Bardstown Rd - Louisville, KY 40291 - (502) 491-7797 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection. Most also write with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are independent agencies in Louisville that are able to give price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance Ditsler Insurance Inc
1313 Lyndon Ln #102 - Louisville, KY 40222 - (502) 895-0812 - View Map
- Corey Insurance Agency
3832 Taylorsville Rd #1 - Louisville, KY 40220 - (502) 473-7910 - View Map
- Braden Insurance Agency Inc.
3069 Breckenridge Ln - Louisville, KY 40220 - (502) 437-3926 - View Map
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hitting a bird, fire damage, falling objects and theft. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for EMT expenses, funeral costs, dental work, rehabilitation expenses and nursing services. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Due to the fact that many Kentucky drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other's property or people in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/10 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible. Kentucky state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Silverado 2500HD resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car, hitting a mailbox and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Silverado 2500HD to bring the cost down.
Ratings for Kentucky car insurance companies
Buying coverage from the best insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Louisville. The company ratings shown next could help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 91%
- AAA Insurance - 90%
- Esurance - 90%
- Mercury Insurance - 89%
- Nationwide - 89%
- Travelers - 88%
- Progressive - 88%
- Safeco Insurance - 88%
- State Farm - 88%
- Allstate - 88%
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Cost effective Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Louisville agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to lower your Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance auto insurance rates in Louisville. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests and even delays in paying claims. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
More information is available below:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)