Amazingly, over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Louisville insurance shoppers can cut their rates by 30% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to shop their coverage around.
It takes a little time, but the best way to quote cheaper Cadillac SRX insurance in Louisville is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Kentucky.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a negative credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for ideas to help prevent costly coverage and find additional discounts.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on SRX insurance in Louisville. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new policy. Don’t forget to put the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
An important note is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Cheapest companies for Cadillac SRX insurance in Kentucky
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Louisville, KY. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Cadillac SRX insurance statistics and information
The rate information shown below showcases different prices for Cadillac SRX models. Being more informed about how car insurance premiums are calculated can be valuable when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SRX Luxury 2WD||$264||$466||$428||$26||$128||$1,312||$109|
|SRX Luxury AWD||$264||$466||$428||$26||$128||$1,312||$109|
|SRX Performance 2WD||$294||$466||$428||$26||$128||$1,342||$112|
|SRX Performance AWD||$294||$466||$428||$26||$128||$1,342||$112|
|SRX Premium 2WD||$294||$466||$428||$26||$128||$1,342||$112|
|SRX Premium AWD||$294||$466||$428||$26||$128||$1,342||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower prices noticeably.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Cadillac SRX annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Age-based insurance rates by gender in Louisville
The information below illustrates the difference between Cadillac SRX insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Cadillac SRX insurance in Louisville
Companies don’t always list every possible discount very clearly, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Louisville auto insurance online.
- Early Signing – Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current SRX insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their auto insurance company to scrutinize vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Louisville auto insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class in high school.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
The information below shows the difference between Cadillac SRX yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The rates are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, anti-theft, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for pay in full, alternative fuel, homeowner, bundle discounts, switch companies, and electronic funds transfer.
- GEICO may have discounts that include five-year accident-free, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, driver training, good student, and air bags.
- American Family may offer discounts for accident-free, mySafetyValet, early bird, good driver, and air bags.
- Nationwide offers discounts including Farm Bureau membership, family plan, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Louisville. To locate providers with the best discounts in Kentucky, click this link.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The items below are a few of the things insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Residing in a small town has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers in populated Kentucky areas have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. More time on the road means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- How many miles do you drive? – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. A policy that improperly rates your SRX may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your insurance declarations sheet correctly shows how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Never allow your insurance policy to lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Kentucky DMV.
- Improve your credit rating and save – Credit rating is a big factor in determining premium rates. If your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Cadillac SRX if you improve your credit rating. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings.
Careless drivers pay higher prices – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single moving violation can boost insurance rates substantially. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with flagrant violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The information below shows how speeding tickets and accidents can affect Cadillac SRX yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you.
- Incidental coverages you don’t need – Insurance companies have many additional coverages that can waste your money on your insurance policy. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Loss probability for a Cadillac SRX – Insurance companies analyze the history of losses to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher premium rates. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Cadillac SRX vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Cadillac SRX Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac SRX 4dr 2WD 103 101 84 80 82 91 Cadillac SRX 4dr 4WD 109 106 103 78 75 83BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying from car insurance agents
Some consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent. Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is you may find cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important particularly in Louisville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no need to do any legwork because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you are searching for local Louisville agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Louisville are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand so they can write business amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
Below are independent agents in Louisville that may be able to give you free price quotes.
- Epic Insurance Solutions
9700 Ormsby Station Rd #200 – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 805-3742 – View Map
- Dick Watts Insurance
12200 Shelbyville Rd #112 – Louisville, KY 40243 – (502) 245-3625 – View Map
- Corey Insurance Agency
3832 Taylorsville Rd #1 – Louisville, KY 40220 – (502) 473-7910 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently use the same agent mainly due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Louisville that can give you comparison quotes.
- Justin Roper – State Farm Insurance Agent
8800 Dixie Hwy b – Louisville, KY 40258 – (502) 271-3211 – View Map
- Clay Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8145 New La Grange Rd – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 426-1511 – View Map
- Jeff Kleier – State Farm Insurance Agent
13303 Magisterial Dr – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 882-1855 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Louisville?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
Cheap auto insurance is out there
Cheaper auto insurance in Louisville can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Louisville agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers work with local independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service and unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)