Tired of sacrificing other expenses each month for car insurance? You are in the same boat as the majority of other people in Kentucky.
Remarkably, a study showed that most consumers in Kentucky have been with the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. American drivers can cut their rates by as much as $859 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to find cheaper car insurance rates.
Steps to finding low-cost Cadillac CTS insurance in Louisville
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers in Louisville.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many things that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a low credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for ideas to get cheaper rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of this process is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Many car insurance companies vie for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and uncover the absolute lowest cost out there.
You should take the time to compare rates quite often because prices change quite often. Just because you found the best quotes on Cadillac CTS insurance in Louisville last year a different company probably has better rates today. There are a lot of ways to save on CTS insurance online but you can learn a lot of great tips on how to find affordable car insurance in Louisville.
Finding a better price on auto insurance is actually easier than you may think. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it replaces the need to physically go to different Louisville agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless your situation requires the trained guidance only provided by licensed Louisville agents. If you prefer, some companies allow you to find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The car insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Kentucky. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cadillac CTS insurance statistics and information
The data table displayed below showcases a range of insurance rates for Cadillac CTS models. Having insight into how rates are calculated is important for making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CTS Luxury AWD||$310||$792||$396||$24||$118||$1,640||$137|
|CTS Performance AWD||$310||$792||$396||$24||$118||$1,640||$137|
|CTS Premium AWD||$346||$792||$396||$24||$118||$1,676||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in your specific Louisville location which can raise or lower coverage prices noticeably.
Analysis of deductible levels
One common question asked by Louisville drivers is which deductible level should you buy. The tables below may help to conceptualize the price difference between high and low physical damage coverage deductibles. The first pricing table uses a $250 physical damage deductible and the second price grid uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CTS Luxury AWD||$284||$576||$326||$20||$98||$1,329||$111|
|CTS Performance AWD||$284||$576||$326||$20||$98||$1,329||$111|
|CTS Premium AWD||$318||$576||$326||$20||$98||$1,363||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CTS Luxury AWD||$176||$362||$326||$20||$98||$982||$82|
|CTS Performance AWD||$176||$362||$326||$20||$98||$982||$82|
|CTS Premium AWD||$196||$362||$326||$20||$98||$1,002||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific Louisville garaging location which can decrease or increase coverage prices significantly.
Using the data above, we can ascertain that using a $250 deductible costs about $28 more each month or $336 a year than selecting the higher $1,000 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $750 more if you turn in a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you normally average more than 27 months between claim filings, you would probably be better off by going with a higher deductible.
Full coverage or liability only
The information below shows the comparison of Cadillac CTS car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no definitive formula to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Cadillac CTS replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Why car insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cadillac CTS has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Cadillac at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your Cadillac CTS and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $825 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower Your Louisville Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find big savings.
- Discounts for alarm systems – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Traffic violations increase costs – Even a single driving citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims influence Cadillac CTS auto insurance rates for different age groups. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cheaper to insure gals? – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Women and men cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Teenage male drivers have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
The example below shows the difference between Cadillac CTS insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Liability coverage – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Prevent auto insurance lapses – Going without insurance can be a sure-fire way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Kentucky motor vehicle department.
- Annual miles is a factor – Driving more miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than those used for commuting. An incorrectly rated CTS may be costing you higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating properly reflects the right rating data.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
Insurance losses for a Cadillac CTS – Companies use statistical claims data to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Cadillac CTS vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Cadillac CTS Vehicles Specific Cadillac Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac CTS 4dr 2WD 123 72 118 73 Cadillac CTS 4dr 4WD 127 75 98 75 Cadillac CTS-V 2dr 174 74 135BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t neglect these discounts on Cadillac CTS insurance in Louisville
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but a few need to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap CTS insurance.
- Memberships – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for better insurance rates.
- Student in College – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some insurance companies.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the amount you pay for coverage.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Cadillac CTS premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver’s education, multiple policy, safe vehicle, multiple autos, accident-free, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for alternative fuel, homeowner, bundle discounts, distant student, pay in full, multi-car, and youthful driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, emergency military deployment, military active duty, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include company car, safe driver, student away at school, paid in full, good student, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, bundle, driver training, anti-theft, and air bag.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-policy, safe driver, good student, renewal discount, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA offers discounts including family discount, annual mileage, vehicle storage, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
Double check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Louisville.
Which is the best insurance?
When it comes to adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Kentucky?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Car insurance agents are trained to help
Many people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Louisville who will give you quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Louisville should know the answers to these questions.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
If you want to use a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents to choose from. Agents in Louisville can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Louisville that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Louisville who can help you get price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Lisa Spalding Sherman Insurance Agency Inc
10339 Linn Station Rd – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 423-1611 – View Map
Ratings for Kentucky auto insurance companies
Picking the top insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Louisville. The rank data shown next could help you select which coverage providers to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
You can lower your auto insurance rates
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Cadillac CTS insurance in Louisville. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Louisville car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cheap Cadillac CTS insurance in Louisville is possible both online and with local Louisville insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Steps to finding lower priced Cadillac CTS insurance in Louisville
The easiest way to find cheaper prices for Cadillac CTS insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Louisville. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper CTS coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to compare every insurance company. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in these articles:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teachers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Louisville Car Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)