The easiest way to find lower priced Buick Regal insurance in Louisville is to do an annual price comparison from providers who can sell car insurance in Kentucky. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to understand how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic violations, and a poor credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View rates
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important note is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Sad but true, nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. American consumers can cut their rates by roughly $859 a year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to shop their coverage around.
If you are already insured or just want to reduce your rates, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Buying the lowest cost coverage in Louisville is simple if you know the tricks. Smart buyers just need to use the quickest method to compare prices online.
Smart Consumers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
Many different elements are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that go into determining your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in big savings.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
Low credit history equals high rates – Credit rating can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. If your credit score is low, you could be paying less to insure your Buick Regal if you improve your credit rating. Consumers who have good credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have worse credit.
Drive fewer miles and save – The more miles you rack up on your Buick in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated Regal may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your policy states the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
High performance equals high prices – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The lowest performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Premiums are high for teenagers – Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers. Beginning drivers are known to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Loss probability for a Buick Regal – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when setting premium costs. Models that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more to insure. The table below shows the historical loss data for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Make and Model
|Buick Regal 2WD
|Buick Regal 4WD
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare free Louisville Buick Regal insurance price quotes
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Louisville, KY. To find cheap car insurance in Louisville, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Protect your Buick Regal and other assets
Despite the potentially high cost of Buick Regal insurance, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Buick Regal. It also can pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Reduce your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Distant Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Louisville auto insurance quote.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers can save substantially in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Auto insurance companies that may include these benefits may include but are not limited to:
If you want affordable Louisville auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To choose car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Louisville, click this link.
Local insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Louisville that provide free Louisville auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. Before buying a policy in Louisville, get answers to these questions.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Louisville?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
The following are agents in Louisville that are able to give comparison quotes for Buick Regal insurance in Louisville.
- Dave Metzger – State Farm Insurance Agent
6015 Bardstown Rd – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 239-4800 – View Map
- Milt Nugent – State Farm Insurance Agent
1005 Dupont Square N – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 897-6426 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Jerry Kays Insurance Inc
3701 Taylorsville Rd #1a – Louisville, KY 40220 – (502) 459-0833 – View Map
- Louisville Kentucky Insurance
4500 Dixie Hwy – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 447-3711 – View Map
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s possible that you found an insurer that meets your needs to properly service your insurance policy. It’s important to know that you can terminate coverage when you choose so never assume you are locked into a specific agent with no way out.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Should I buy only the required Kentucky minimum liability coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
In the end, you can save money
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to shop for Buick Regal insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
The cheapest Buick Regal insurance in Louisville can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Versa in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)