It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save on Buick Rainier insurance in Louisville is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in Kentucky.
- Try to learn a little about how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every price quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
It’s hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many consumers in America could pocket almost $859 a year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes.
Companies offering Buick Rainier insurance in Louisville
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Louisville, KY. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Kentucky, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Cheaper rates on Buick Rainier insurance in Louisville with these discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but a few must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Louisville auto insurance online.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next insurance statement.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on insurance because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century may include discounts for defensive driver, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, air bags, automatic seat belts, driver training, and theft prevention.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide offers discounts including defensive driving, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, and business or organization.
- Esurance has savings for online quote, renters, Switch & Save, good student, Pac-12 alumni, multi-car, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not be offered in Louisville. To locate insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Louisville, click here.
Components of Your Buick Rainier Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that aid in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices. Lots of factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but others are less obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
- Big city or small town – Choosing to live in less populated areas can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Credit score impacts prices – Having a bad credit rating will be a significant factor in determining your rates. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Buick Rainier by improving your credit score. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem good initially, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
- Avoid traffic tickets – Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Getting just one chargeable violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. People who have careless violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Prices for men may be higher – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. They both cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young men ages 16 to 20 cause the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Kentucky?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What policy terms are available?
- What is glass protection for?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Get rate quotes but still have a local Louisville insurance agency
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agencies is especially important in Louisville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Louisville who will return price quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Louisville agents can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get rate quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Below are Louisville independent agencies that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Grant Insurance Agency, LLC
13000 Equity Pl #201 – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 254-3332 – View Map
- Dolack Insurance Agency Inc.
4050 Westport Rd – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 333-0577 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Christopher James Parsons Agency
10300 Brookridge Village Blvd Ste 103 – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 239-5054 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Louisville who can help you get price quotes.
- Dave Goodman – State Farm Insurance Agent
1906 Crums Ln – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 448-5436 – View Map
- Troy Coulter – State Farm Insurance Agent
4906 Outer Loop – Louisville, KY 40219 – (502) 964-2002 – View Map
- Mary Henry – State Farm Insurance Agent
5800 Bardstown Rd – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 491-7797 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
Discount Buick Rainier insurance in Louisville can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide rate quotes online and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut full coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just learned many tips how you can lower your Buick Rainier insurance prices in Louisville. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Louisville auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teachers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Pilot? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)