If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Saturn Astra insurance in Louisville is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in Kentucky.
- Get a basic knowledge of what is in your policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover information to get better rates and find missing discounts.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Louisville. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
A study showed that nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average insurance premium being $2,130, Kentucky drivers could save about $631 each year, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Finding Saturn Astra insurance in Louisville, Kentucky
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Kentucky. If you want to find the best car insurance in Louisville, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Saturn Astra insurance in Louisville.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a slight reduction on a Louisville auto insurance quote.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Louisville auto insurance quotes online.
- College Student – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Louisville and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select companies reward you with better insurance rates if you take out life insurance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Car insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply everywhere. To choose insurers with the best discounts in Louisville, click here to view.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will require that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Saturn at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your Saturn and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Louisville auto insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from a high-quality auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Louisville. The company ratings below could help you analyze which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Titan Insurance
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Louisville car insurance agent
Many drivers just want to sit down and talk to an agent. Insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Louisville.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Louisville that provide free Louisville auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you’re trying to find local Louisville agents, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Louisville can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can handle insurance, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, you should always get several quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below are independent insurance agencies in Louisville who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- A Central Insurance Agency
6708 Shepherdsville Rd – Louisville, KY 40228 – (502) 968-1112 – View Map
- Grant Insurance Agency, LLC
13000 Equity Pl #201 – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 254-3332 – View Map
- Glenn E Martin Insurance
10226 Shelbyville Rd – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 245-8870 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Louisville who can help you get price quote information.
- Matt Miller – State Farm Insurance Agent
8321 Preston Hwy – Louisville, KY 40219 – (502) 964-6288 – View Map
- Peggy Druin – State Farm Insurance Agent
1547 Old Preston Hwy N b – Louisville, KY 40229 – (502) 955-9746 – View Map
- Troy Coulter – State Farm Insurance Agent
4906 Outer Loop – Louisville, KY 40219 – (502) 964-2002 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Louisville, get answers to these questions.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Louisville?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?