A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. The average driver in Kentucky could save nearly 30% every year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
Really, the only way to save on car insurance rates in Louisville is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies that insure vehicles in Kentucky. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Learn about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as getting speeding tickets and poor credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for additional tips to help reduce premium rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to use identical coverages on every quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Louisville can initially seem challenging. Virtually everyone who shops for auto insurance will more than likely be able to find better rates. Although Kentucky consumers should learn the way companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Cheap car insurance in Louisville, KY
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Louisville, KY. To buy cheap auto insurance in KY, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Ford GT insurance in Louisville
Some providers do not list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Louisville car insurance online.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate permit an accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Distant Student – Children who are attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same company you may earn up to 20% and get you low cost Ford GT insurance.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with a few auto insurance companies.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your policy premiums.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above include:
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be offered in every state. To find providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Kentucky, click here.
Components of Your Ford GT Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help calculate your premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower insurance prices.
Claims cost money – Auto insurance companies in Kentucky generally give most affordable rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Prices impacted by vehicle usage – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Autos that have low annual miles receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your GT is just wasting money. Ask your agent if your policy is showing annual mileage, because it can save money.
Prices and job – Careers such as fire fighters, architects, and emergency personnel usually pay the highest average rates attributed to high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, occupations like professors, engineers and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance level of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest performance passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
What if I want to buy from local Louisville car insurance agents?
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurance company should depend on more than just the price. A good agent in Louisville will have answers to these questions.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Kentucky?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Louisville?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
Types of car insurance agents in Louisville
When researching a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Agents in Louisville can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
These agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. They are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Louisville that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below are independent agencies in Louisville that can give you price quotes.
Be persistent and save
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to shop for Ford GT insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost Ford GT insurance in Louisville is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Louisville agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
More learning opportunities
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Louisville Car Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Louisville Car Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)