Regrettably, the vast majority of auto insurance customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Drivers in Kentucky could save as much as $600 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to go online and compare rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in Louisville.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for additional ideas to prevent high rates and find hidden discounts.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you have a policy now or just want to save money, use these tips to lower your rates without reducing coverage. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Louisville is easy if you know what you’re doing. Smart buyers just have to understand the least time-consuming way to shop for car insurance instantly.
Ways to get Audi A5 insurance price quotes in Louisville
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Louisville, KY. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Kentucky, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Even though Louisville A5 insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Audi, almost every bank will require you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your A5 outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to save money.
Premium rates and analysis
The price information displayed next covers a range of prices for Audi A5 models. Understanding more about how car insurance prices are formulated can be of help when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$310||$664||$336||$20||$100||$1,430||$119|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$310||$664||$336||$20||$100||$1,430||$119|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$310||$750||$336||$20||$100||$1,516||$126|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$310||$750||$336||$20||$100||$1,516||$126|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$310||$750||$336||$20||$100||$1,516||$126|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$310||$750||$396||$24||$118||$1,598||$133|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$310||$750||$396||$24||$118||$1,598||$133|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$342||$750||$336||$20||$100||$1,548||$129|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$342||$750||$396||$24||$118||$1,630||$136|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$342||$750||$396||$24||$118||$1,630||$136|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$342||$838||$336||$20||$100||$1,636||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Information does not factor in your specific Louisville location which can change coverage prices noticeably.
Careless driving habits raise insurance rates
The information below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders influence Audi A5 insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The information is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Audi A5 premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no written rule to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Audi A5 book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Affordable Audi A5 insurance in Louisville
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every available discount very well, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain auto insurance companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on the web.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below compares Audi A5 insurance prices with and without discounts applied. The rates are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, type of vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for alternative fuel, good student, distant student, early shopping, pay in full, business and professional, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for good student, driver training, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, student away at school, accident-free, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- Allstate may have discounts that include early signing, FullPay discount, safe driver, resident student, utility vehicle, good payer, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, emergency military deployment, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
Before buying, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To locate providers with the best Audi A5 insurance discounts in Louisville, click here to view.
Buying insurance from Louisville car insurance agents
A small number of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing insurance online is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this short form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Louisville that can provide free Louisville auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on a insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Louisville can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can sell insurance policies, but we need to point out the differences because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are well schooled in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Louisville that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you compare quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are Louisville independent agents who can help you get rate quotes.
Insurance can get complicated
Always remember that when buying your policy, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- What is the ISO rating for a Audi A5?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Who is covered when they drive my Audi A5?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Louisville?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Kentucky?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Be persistent and save
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service, delays in paying claims and lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Discount Audi A5 insurance in Louisville can be bought online and with local Louisville insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
We just covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Audi A5 insurance in Louisville. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Louisville auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Louisville auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Felons in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Louisville Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)