No car owner rejoices having to buy insurance, particularly when the cost is too high.
Unfortunately, most insurance policyholders have bought insurance from the same company for over three years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in Kentucky could cut their rates by almost $600 a year just by comparing rates, but they won’t spend time to compare rate quotes online.
Steps to buying discount Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Louisville
To save the most money, the best way to get affordable Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Louisville is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in Kentucky. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
First, try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like distracted driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Select a company
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance persitently shower you with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
How much does Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Louisville, KY cost?
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from companies that offer auto insurance in Kentucky. The best way to find competitive insurance rates consists of shopping online.
It’s so simple to compare auto insurance quotes online takes the place of having to physically go to and from local Louisville insurance agencies. Comparing Volkswagen Rabbit insurance rates online eliminates the middleman unless you want the professional abilities that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. It is possible to price shop your coverage online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
It’s important to know that getting more free quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best price. Not every company does online price quotes, so you should also compare price quotes from them, too.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Kentucky. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Affordable Louisville car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you can get discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Rabbit insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Volkswagen can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm and Progressive allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer policyholders these discounts are:
When getting free Louisville car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Louisville, click here.
Louisville car insurance company ratings
Choosing the highest-rated insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Kentucky. The rank data in the lists below may help you analyze which providers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
What Determines Volkswagen Rabbit Insurance Premiums?
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Bad credit hurts insurance rates – Your credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. So if your credit rating is low, you could be paying less to insure your Volkswagen Rabbit by improving your credit score. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
- Lower rates for married couples – Having a spouse can get you a discount compared to being single. Marriage usually means you are more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Consolidate and save – Lots of insurance companies provide lower prices to buyers that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Your location is important – Living in a rural area has it’s advantages when it comes to insurance. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.