It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who compare other rates will probably switch auto insurance companies because there are good odds of getting low-cost coverage. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the best price on Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Louisville is your objective, then knowing how to shop for coverages can help you be more efficient.
The easiest way to get discount auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Louisville.
- It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like your driving record and poor credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you are insured now, you will be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the concepts you’re about to learn. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Louisville is really not that difficult. But Kentucky vehicle owners must understand how insurance companies price insurance differently because rates are impacted by many factors.
Smart Consumers Can Cut Their Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower premium levels. Lots of factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are some of the items used by your company to calculate prices.
- Companies want multiple policies – Most larger auto insurance companies will give better rates to clients who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be as much as ten percent or more If you currently are using one company, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Drivers may still save even more by buying from different companies
- Never let your coverage expire – Going without insurance can be a guaranteed way to pay more for auto insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license.
- Lower premiums with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Safety first – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Safer cars protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you.
- Men drivers tend to cost more – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Men and women have fender benders in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Marriage discount – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on auto insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Louisville Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their company to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy life insurance.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Louisville car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, good student, switch companies, multi-car, early shopping, and bundle discounts.
- Esurance may offer discounts for Switch & Save, claim free, online quote, anti-theft, and homeowner.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, accident-free, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and good student.
- GEICO discounts include daytime running lights, military active duty, defensive driver, driver training, seat belt use, and air bags.
- Allstate includes discounts for new car, good student, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and safe driver.
When getting free Louisville car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which discounts they offer. Savings may not be offered in Louisville. To view insurance companies who offer online Pontiac Grand Prix insurance quotes in Louisville, click this link.
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
We just presented some good ideas how you can find cheaper Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Louisville. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best car insurance rates are with an unexpected company. Regional companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheaper auto insurance in Louisville can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Louisville car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
When searching for low cost Louisville car insurance quotes, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Louisville Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Forester? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)