Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in Kentucky can save roughly 30% each year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to shop their coverage around.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to quote cheaper Audi A3 insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in Louisville. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
First, spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives more ideas to prevent high rates and find overlooked discounts.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Louisville. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you currently have auto insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using these techniques. Buying the best-priced coverage in Louisville is not as time-consuming as you think. Although Kentucky consumers must learn how big insurance companies market insurance on the web because it varies considerably.
To find the cheapest Audi A3 rate quotes, there are several ways to compare prices from different Louisville insurance companies. One of the best ways to find cheaper Audi A3 rates is to get quotes online. It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes provides better odds of finding more affordable insurance.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Kentucky. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in Kentucky, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi A3 in Louisville, paying for auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most banks will stipulate that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves your Audi A3 and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your A3 more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Kentucky is overpaying over $869 every year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
Coverage statistics and figures
The table displayed below outlines different insurance premium costs for Audi A3 models. Knowing how car insurance premiums are determined can help you make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A3 2.0T Premium Package||$312||$736||$440||$26||$132||$1,646||$137|
|A3 2.0T Premium Plus Package||$312||$736||$440||$26||$132||$1,646||$137|
|A3 2.0T Quattro||$352||$736||$440||$26||$132||$1,686||$141|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase insurance rates noticeably.
Insurance premiums by gender
The example below visualizes the comparison of Audi A3 premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
You may qualify for discounts for Audi A3 insurance in Louisville
Some providers don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very well, so here is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Louisville auto insurance online.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Good Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Audi can earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The example below shows the difference between Audi A3 insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. Data assumes a female driver, no violations or claims, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- American Family has discounts for mySafetyValet, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, air bags, accident-free, and Steer into Savings.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, accident-free, multi-policy, family plan, and business or organization.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, good student, multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, and good driver.
- 21st Century has savings for early bird, anti-lock brakes, air bags, 55 and older, and driver training.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for switch companies, pay in full, homeowner, multi-car, and business and professional.
- Allstate offers discounts for economy car, EZ pay plan discount, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, 55 and retired, and eSmart discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. If you would like to view providers with discount rates in Kentucky, click here.
Ratings for Louisville car insurance companies
Selecting the top insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies there are in Louisville. The company information in the lists below can help you decide which car insurance companies to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance