It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy are very likely to switch companies because they have good chances of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey discovered that people who compared price quotes annually saved $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Acura RLX insurance is why you’re here, knowing how to shop for insurance can make the process less intimidating.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Louisville. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a low credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for more ideas to get lower rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on RLX insurance in Louisville. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. Immediately keep your new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Just remember that comparing more prices gives you a better chance of getting better pricing. Some smaller insurers do not give price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Kentucky. If you want cheap car insurance in Kentucky, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Save money with these money saving discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every discount available very well, so below is a list both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags could see savings as much as 30%.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching to them early. The savings is around 10%.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Kentucky, click here to view.
How Your RLX Insurance Prices are Determined
Many things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are not as apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
Shown below are some of the things companies use to determine your rates.
Coverage lapses lead to higher prices – Not having insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Kentucky department of motor vehicles.
Cheaper rates after marriage – Getting married can actually save you money compared to being single. Having a significant other means you’re more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
Cut premiums and deter theft – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent vehicle theft.
Insurance rates and age – More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Drivers with little experience are known to be easily distracted behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
Inexpensive frequent claims are not good – Auto insurance companies in Kentucky award the lowest premiums to drivers who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Obey driving laws and save – Even one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates substantially. Careful drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Drivers who have license-revoking tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
Insurance rates and your vocation – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers like military personnel, business owners, and medical professionals tend to have the highest average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, jobs such as farmers, athletes and the unemployed get better rates.
Acura RLX insurance loss statistics – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data to help determine the price you pay. Models that the statistics show to have higher losses will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Acura RLX vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
|Specific Acura Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RLX 4dr||128||63||179||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Can’t I compare rates from local Louisville auto insurance agents?
A small number of people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the best rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare rates for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Louisville should have no problem answering these questions:
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How are claims handled?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
What types of car insurance agents are in Louisville?
When narrowing the list to find local Louisville agents, there are a couple of different types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies in Louisville are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Louisville that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance rates, you should always compare quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Louisville that are able to give comparison quotes.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Smart consumers save more
Cheaper auto insurance in Louisville is attainable on the web in addition to many Louisville insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent and poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Acadia in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)